Friday, August 12, 2011

Small project progress...

Hello everyone, sorry long time no blog! The house is coming along a little slow right now. Dad is at air force duty in New Mexico. When he gets back we will start full swing in the upstairs renovation. Until then here are a few ideas and things I have been working on. 

The upstairs is finally 100% gutted. Mom and I did the last bit a few weeks ago.

 
 
 


I bleached all the walls downstairs in preparation for primer. 
They went from a lovely tan to nearly white.
I bought $20 worth of cleaning supplies at the dollar store. The checkout lady said it looked liked I was going to have fun, I told her it was a party! I invited her and she turned me down.
 


I stripped off the layers of wallpaper above the kitchen cabinets. This is one of the patterns. Thank goodness this small area is the only place in the house with wallpaper!!!
 Nice thin skim coat of joint compound to smooth out the walls where I had to dig at wallpaper.
 This is post second skim coat. I think I got this down pat!


The basement was power washed by Ryan, Taff, and Dan. Then Ross and Co. Sprayed the walls and floor. This actually looks like livable space now! Here are some oh so shocking before and afters!



 



 


 

 Last but not least all the interior walls downstairs (except office) were spray primed by Ross and Co. It doesn't smell anymore thanks to 2 coats of Zinzer 123!!!
Living room facing front of house
Living room facing back of house
Left side of front room - Soon to be mudroom
Right side of front room - Soon to be laundry room and pantry
1st floor Guest Bedroom
  




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment