Monday, July 25, 2011

Lots of Demo!

In the last few weeks more demo has taken space on Spencer Street. Me + 4 Demo Divas ( My mom, Melissa, Marla, and Amanda) took out trim, tack strips, and a bathroom. My dad and I re-framed windows. The most exciting...actually put something new in the house! Wood and nails! I feel like we are building something now not just ripping it apart. Two more big demo projects are in my future: Finish upstairs and basement garage. 
Here are some pictures of recent work days.

Here is the guest bathroom. Only the tub and toilet will stay. The tub is metal and just need a good cleanup. This will save us a little money! Yay!
 Marla, "Sledgie the sledgehammer", and I took out the corner cabinet. We will be replacing it with a section of kitchen cabinet that need to come out to make room for the fridge.
The sink, floor, plastic shower walls, bead board are gone. Just need to re-frame window.
 
 Where the new pedestal sink will go. New fixtures and mirror.
 Cool metal tub. Needs a good scrubbing!
 Here you can see my lovely helpers pulling up some tack strips. As much as I would love to see the carpet go...its currently acting as a great drop cloth. It will be one of the last things to go.
 Amanda - small and sweet - fits well in closets. She did great!
 Guest bedroom minus trim and tack strips.

First trailer of something going INTO the house! I liked the teal painted ends of the lumber.

Here is the bathroom with newly framed rough opening for the obscured glass slider.

Here is the step by step on the double size master bedroom window. The room looks HUGE now. I am tempted to not use it as a bedroom.


 Not a bad view out the back, just a sea of green.


 Here is the office. The 3 regular windows that did not match up with the rest of the front of the house are replaced by a large slider similar to the bathroom. I forgot to take a final result picture...will do tonight.

 Neon faux walls = great sketch pad.

If your a good little worker...this greets you at dinner. 
Yum. I could not finish the quart...but did my best.



No comments:

Post a Comment